Gluten-free version: Use gluten free pasta.
PENNE ALFREDO PASTA: (contains diary, gluten-free option)
1 lb dry Penne pasta
1/3 cup butter, unsalted
2 cups heavy cream
2 pinches nutmeg, grated
1 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and add salt. Boil the pasta al dente.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in the heavy cream and nutmeg.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and lower the heat.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and toss with the cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with some chopped parsley and serve immediately.