Today is National Peanut Butter Day! To celebrate, make your favorite peanut butter recipe, spread it on some toast, or eat a spoon full right out of the jar!
In honor of today, I thought it would be fun to put together this post of My Top 5 Favorite Peanut Butter Recipes! So here they are in order…
- Black-Bottom Peanut Butter Mousse Pie
- Tofu w/Peanut Butter Sauce & Spinach
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Bark
- Peanut Butter Puffs
- Oatmeal No-Bake Bites
If all else fails today, make your own Dark Chocolate Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups! it requires 2 ingredients, peanut butter and chocolate, it’s extremely easy to make, and tastes much much better than the store-bought ones!
And just for fun, here are some facts about Peanut Butter…enjoy!
- Peanut Butter has been around since the 1890s
- It takes 550 peanuts to make one 12 ounce jar of peanut butter
- The largest peanut butter and jelly sandwich was made in Texas and weighed 1,342 pounds!
- Arachibutyrophobia – the phobia of getting peanut butter stuck to the roof of your mouth (yes, this exists)
- Peanuts contain more than 30 essential nutrients and are naturally cholesterol free
- Women and children prefer creamy peanut butter, while men prefer crunchy peanut butter
- Peanuts have more protein, niacin, folate and phytosterols than any nut
- Americans spend almost $800 million a year on peanut butter
Happy National Peanut Butter Day!