Storage - This bark contains fresh pomegranate seeds. Therefore, it should be stored in the fridge and will not last as long as long as other barks with non-perishable ingredients.
Chocolate - I prefer to use vegan Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips , which come in 9 oz. bags (unless you buy their gigantic 5 lb bag). This is about 1 1/2 to 2 cups chocolate chips. Chocolate bark is very forgiving, so an additional ounce or two of chocolate (or less) will still work depending on the exact size bag you use for chocolate chips. Just be sure the thickness of the bark after spreading out the chocolate is thick enough to handle the toppings (i.e. not too brittle).
To Setup A Double Broiler -
- Find one medium size pot and a metal bowl. The size of these two items should be such that when the metal bowl is placed on top of the pot, the two are nested together.
- Add about 2 inches of water to a saucepan and simmer on low-medium heat.
- Add the chocolate chips to another metal bowl.
- Set the bowl on top of the pot with the simmering water so that the two pieces nest together. Note that the bottom of the metal bowl should not be touching the simmering water when nested together. If this happens, remove some of the water. The steam from the simmering water is being used to heat up the chocolate chips.
- Stir frequently until the chocolate chips are completely melted.
Pomegranate, Roasted Peanut, Dark Chocolate Bark
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11g
Saturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrates 23g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.