I personally like my apples nice and crispy. When they start to soften, I don’t enjoy them anymore, and I always end up with uneaten apples in my fruit basket. So after making the kale chips, I decided to try making apple chips with all my leftover apples!
My 2 yr. old son loves cinnamon, so to add a bit more flavor, I sprinkled some on top of each apple slice. They came out nice and crispy! The perfect sweet healthy snack in the afternoon. Now I don’t have to feel bad for all the extra apples laying around my kitchen.
Baked Apple Chips w/Cinnamon (gluten-free, vegan)
- 1 apples , the crisp variety
- ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
- Remove the core of the apple.
- Thinly slice the apple. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper. Place the sliced apples in a single layer on the baking pan.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon on top of each apple slice.
- Bake in the oven for 1 to 1-1/2 hours. After 1 hour, turn the apple slices over and continue to bake so that each side bakes equally. After the hour, check every 15min and remove from the oven when they are crispy.
- Remove the apple slices before they start to turn brown and be sure not to burn them. Enjoy!