Whether it’s during the summer, the holidays, a potluck, or a weeknight…this 7-ingredient Chocolate Chia Pudding Pie requires only 10-minutes of prep, is vegan, no-bake, quick and easy, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free!
With all the holidays and 3-day weekends coming up, what better way to celebrate than with this colorful fresh Chocolate Chia Pudding Pie containing coconut and berries!
When it comes to dinner parties, potlucks, or picnics, I typically make an appetizer or main dish to share. But with our crazy summer days, ‘what to bring’ is sometimes the last thing I want to think about. Especially on the weekend when I’m feeling lazier in the kitchen.
If time is an issue, most people usually have their staples of favorite quick and easy dishes. Or ready-to-go store bought appetizers come in handy. But, if possible I always prefer to bring something homemade.
And now with this Chocolate Chia Pudding Fruit Pie of mine, ‘home-made’ is definitely a no-brainier!
Why This Chocolate Chia Pudding Pie Is Perfect For A Potluck
This Pie came about when I was thinking about just that…what to bring to a friend’s house for a dinner party.
Something quick and easy, delicious, relatively healthy, and a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
My typical go-to dessert at home is this Fresh Mango Chia Coconut Pudding Parfait, using any fruit I have available. Everyone loves it. So I thought why not create a fun twist based on that original recipe!
I turned it into a chocolate version for the filling, with shredded coconut, covered the entire pie with all sorts of colorful berries, and topped it with chopped dark chocolate. It looked beautiful!
The best part is that this no-bake dessert works well as a single serving or turned into an easy chocolate pie recipe that’s easy to share!
How To Make Chocolate Chia Pudding – Step By Step
This chocolate pie only takes only 10 minutes to prep.
Grab the 7 ingredients.
Add the cocoa powder, shredded coconut, chia seeds, vanilla extract, and maple syrup into the coconut milk. the coconut milk, cocoa powder, chia seeds, and add them into the coconut milk.
Mix completely, cover, and let it sit in the fridge overnight.
The following day, pour the chocolate chia pudding into a glass pie dish. The best part is that this no-bake dessert works well as a single serving or turned into an easy chocolate pie recipe that’s easy to share!
Top it with fresh berries, shredded coconut, and chopped dark chocolate.
And there you have it! Chocolate pudding, fresh fruit, and pieces of dark chocolate…I mean really…what’s not to love?!?
This chocolate pie recipe is perfect for dinner parties, especially since many people have never tried chia pudding. Or better yet…surprise your kids for breakfast! I promise you they’ll devour it, making your mornings much easier, especialy if you have picky eaters or your kids take over an hour to finish their food.
So what are you waiting for? Grab these 7 ingredients and make your next potluck or dinner party a sucess! This chia pudding recipe is great for anytime of the year!
If you like this recipe or post, be sure to leave a comment and use the rating field! You can also tag me on Instagram with any re-makes, @vegetariangastronomy so I don’t miss it, as I love sharing them on Re-Make Fridays! Or you can help me spread the word about my recipes on Pinterest and Facebook!
Chocolate Coconut Chia Pudding Fruit Pie
- 3 14-oz. can coconut milk lite or full-fat, both will work (see notes)
- 18 tbsp chia seeds
- 15 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 cup pure maple syrup , adjust amt. depending on preferred sweetness
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 pinches fine sea salt
- fresh berries , stawberries, rasperberries, blueberries, blackberries, diced and chilled
- vegan dark chocolate or chocolate chips , chopped
- In a bowl, combine the coconut milk, chia seeds, shredded coconut, maple syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and sea salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Let the mixture sit for about 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Mix once more, cover, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (for best results, refrigerate overnight).
- Once the pudding is done, remove from the fridge, mix thoroughly once more, and evenly pour out into a round glass pie dish or single serving dishes.
- Cover the top completely with freshly diced mixed berries. Top with some chopped dark chocolate and/or shredded coconut. Serve immediately or keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
- If you made a pie, to serve, simply scoop out the pudding into bowls using a large spatula or spoon.