It’s not often that you find yourself only going back for more…and more…and more….salad at a potluck or party, especially when there are so many other appetizing dishes around (unless of course you are trying to be healthy and salad is the only healthy dish there)! Well this is that one salad I could not get enough of!
My friend had served this salad at her son’s birthday party. It tasted extremely fresh, light, and was packed full of flavor. I really did find myself walking right past all the other inviting dishes and hoovering over the salad bowl. I even found my son picking at my plate because he loves cherry tomatoes and cucumbers! After examining the ingredients, I knew it had to be quite simple to put together. The salad dressing is comprised of some fresh lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper…and that’s it! That’s all you really need. The rest of the flavor comes from the components of the salad itself!
I served this dish at our holiday party this past December because of how simple it was to prepare and how fresh it looked and tasted! This is a perfect salad to take to any potluck or serve as a side! I hope you find yourself going back for more as I did!
Cucumber, Cherry Tomato, Mint Salad
- 2 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes , sliced in half
- 1 cup cucumber , peel, cut into 4 quarters lengthwise, then slice each section
- 1/4 cup vegan feta cheese , optional
- 2 tbsp green onions , finely chopped
- 1 teasp fresh oregano , or 1/3 teasp. dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh mint leaves , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice , freshly squeezed
- 2 teasp olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and gently toss.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Refridgerate until served.