We love side dishes…and what better side dish than some roasted garlic potatoes! This idea of making the potatoes crispy came from a friend. I had watched her use this technique with some crispy baked wedge fries she had made and thought it was perfect technique to use! I decided to re-create the potatoes at home with some added garlic and parsley, two of my favorite potato toppings.
These roasted potatoes are AMAZING! They are perfect in every way! I was trying to be healthy and just have a bite or two of the potatoes, but by the time I knew it, between me, my husband, and my 3 yr old son, we had finished them. Especially since I served them HOT straight out of the oven. Feel free to omit the parmesan cheese for a vegan version of this dish.
This crispy roasted potatoes will be devoured straight out of the oven.
- 3 medium russet potatoes , washed and cubed
- 3 T olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 4 T fresh parsley , chopped
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese , optional
- salt & pepper , to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the potatoes to the boiling water and cook for just a few minutes to par-boil. Be sure to remove them just as they start to become soft, but not fully-cooked.
- While the potatoes are cooking, put the olive oil in a rectangular dark baking tray and heat in the oven.
- Drain the potatoes and shake them in the draining bowl to rough up their surface, giving them the perfect surface to crisp up while roasting in the oven.
- Add the potatoes and fresh garlic to the hot oil and toss to coat. Roast the potatoes in the oven, turning them a few times.
- When the potatoes are almost done, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper to taste. Roast and turn a few times to ensure they are evenly crispy on all sides. Continue roasting in the oven until the potatoes are tender on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- Toss with freshly chopped parsley and serve hot out of the oven!