Note: the recipe listed below makes enough frosting to cover 1 8″ round cake. I’d recommend making twice the recipe if you want to make a double layer cake.
The cake was a big hit with my husband and some other family members who were in town that week!
PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING:(gluten-free, contains dairy)
(makes enough to frost one 8″ cake)
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
5 T unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 teasp. vanilla extract
1/4 teasp. salt
1/3 cup heavy cream
- Place the confectioners sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and salt in a bowl of a stand mixer.
- Using the paddle attachment, mix on low-medium speed until the frosting is creamy.
- Scrap down the bowl with a rubber spatula and mix.
- Add the cream and beat on high speed until the mixture is light and smooth.
- Frost your favorite cake or cupcake recipe!
Leave a Reply