Take advantage of the summer fruits and try out this refreshing Pineapple Mango Agua Fresca recipe! It’s quick and easy, and great to have on hand for those hot summer days, BBQs, dinner parties, or picnic!
I never really understood things like cucumber water growing up…that subtle flavor didn’t add much for me.
It wasn’t until my last few trips to Hawaii that I started to really appreciate and love that subtle flavors that can be added to water, whether it was pieces of cucumber, mint, or some other fresh fruit or herb submerged into the water dispenser. I found that light taste to be refreshing and re-energizing in the heat, especially when served cold!
This summer I have a new favorite that takes that concept one step further…this cool Pineapple Mango Agua Fresca Recipe with Mint! I’ve never been a big juice drinker, but I love agua frescas. They’re basically light fruit non-alcoholic drinks made by blending fruit and herbs with water!
This thirst quenching, fruit flavored water is very easy to make at home! You can get creative with your agua fresca,
5 Tips To Make The Perfect Agua Fresca Recipe:
- Use seasonal fruit.
- Make sure the fruit is juicy and ripe (otherwise it may not add much flavor).
- Add some fresh lemon juice and fresh herbs.
- Filter for smoother water-like texture.
- Use a high powered blender to make unfiltered agua fresca (the fruit blends in and leaves minimal pulp and fiber).
Although I enjoy the unfiltered version on occasion, especially when I’m too lazy to filter it through a sieve, I honestly prefer the taste and texture of the filtered agua fresca so that it tastes and feels more like flavored water.
We’ve been taking advantage of the fruits in season, so we’ve been buying fresh pineapples and mangoes by the box every week from the grocery store, cutting them up, and enjoying the fresh fruit throughout the week. In my house, freshly cut mango and pineapple doesn’t last very long, so it’s hard to allow myself to use up some of it for other recipes. But thankfully, Agua frescas are just another refreshing way to enjoy fresh fruit! Not to mention they are both really sweet and juicy, so you really don’t need any added sweetener!
After experimenting with a few different agua fresca recipes, I’d have to say that this combination is my favorite. Fresh cut pineapple and mango, lemon juice, and fresh mint and a blender is all you need to make a refreshing jug of this Pineapple Mango Agua Fresca. I typically like to strain it through a sieve, but as I mentioned above, you can just as easily enjoy it unfiltered. You can add a sweetener to taste.
Take advantage of the summer fruits and try out this easy, quick, and refreshing Pineapple Mango Agua Fresca recipe! It’s perfect to have on hand in the fridge and sip on throughout the week!
Pineapple Mango Agua Fresca Recipe
- Add the mango, pineapple, mint leaves, lemon juice, 1 cup water, vanilla extract (if using), and raw sugar/maple syrup (if using) into a blender.
- Blend on high until completely pureed and no pieces remain.
- Taste and adjust with additional lemon juice, fruit, and/or sugar if needed (remember that you will be diluting this for the final drink).
- Filter the pureed mixture through a mesh or fine sieve to remove any remaining fiber or pulp (alternatively you can skip this step if you prefer unfiltered agua fresca).
- Add the filtered fruit pure into a tall pitcher. Add 3 cups cold water and mix. Feel free to add more or less water depending on preference for how concentrated you prefer the agua fresca.
- Serve over ice or store in the fridge and enjoy for 2-3 days.