This year when looking for desserts to make for our Christmas party, I made these raspberry layer bars. They are the perfect holiday treats. The tart flavor of the raspberry preserves, sweet taste of coconut/milk layer, and chocolate drizzle combine to form a delicious bar that tastes and looks great. It was perfect for the holidays!
I’m not quite sure where I originally found the inspiration behind this recipe, but I believe I came across it many years back in the newspaper.
I have not tried making a vegan version of this dessert yet, but hope to have an update soon.
To make this dessert gluten-free, I can imagine you can take any gluten-free cookie similar to graham crackers and make the crumbs to use as the base of the bar. All other ingredients can be found gluten-free.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and butter. Spread evenly on a 9x13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle coconut evenly over the crust.
- Pour the condensed milk evenly on top of the coconut layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes and cool.
- Spread the raspberry preserves over the layer and chill in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and drizzle melted chocolate over the top.
- Chill in the fridge until the chocolate is solidified and cut into squares.
To drizzle chocolate, you can melt the chocolate and pour into a plastic zip-lock sandwich bag and cut a small hole on one corner. Use as a cone and drizzle the melted chocolate on top of the walnut layer. Or you can just use a spoon to drizzle the melted chocolate.