1 red bell pepper
2 T fresh lemon juice (or more to taste)
1 T tahini
1/2 t freshly grounded black pepper
1/4 t ground cumin
1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
2 garlic cloves, minced
- To Prepare Roasted Red Pepper: Preheat oven to broil on HI.
- Cut the bell pepper in half lengthwise. Discard the seeds and membranes.
- Place pepper halves, skin side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Flatted the pepper halves with your hand.
- Broil for 10 minutes or until blackened. Instantly place bell pepper in a zip-log plastic bag and seal. Let it sit for 10 minutes. Remove and peel the skin off.
- To Prepare Hummus: Place the roasted bell pepper and remaining ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth. Season with salt to taste. Feel free to add additional freshly ground black pepper and/or lemon to taste.