Looking for something warm, easy, and quick to serve during the winter holidays? This Cinnamon-Spiced Pomegranate Juice Recipe will bring a warm sense of peace and relaxation!
Holidays are always filled with many memories. Especially in the month of December…certain smells in the air, gathering with friends and family, the holiday decorations, and the kitchen aromas. I’m sure that for many, there is nostalgia in sipping on a warm cup of hot chocolate is one of them. But, for me, there’s always been something about being greeted with a warm cup of freshly made spiced juice that reminds me of my childhood.
We were fortunate growing up in that we lived close to much of our extended family. We had frequent holiday gatherings, especially during college winter breaks. One of my aunts lived within a few miles, and whenever we’d stop by her house, we’d always be greeted with the most wonderful smell coming from the kitchen. There would always be a warm pot of fresh juice or tea waiting for us. Every time it was something different depending on what she had in her kitchen…a delicious mix of fresh fruit, spices, and/or teas. Whatever the combination, it was always perfect and brought a warm sense of relaxation and peace.
This recipe was created to bring that same warm feeling over the holidays. I wanted to keep the recipe simple and made with fresh ingredients. So, I wanted to avoid steeping fresh fruit for a long time to bring out the flavor. For those of you that follow me over on Instagram or have seem my previous posts, you already know that we have a beautiful pomegranate tree in our yard. I used our home-grown pomegranates, apples, oranges, and some cinnamon to create this fresh Warm Cinnamon Spiced Pomegranate Juice Recipe to serve over the holidays!
This recipe is quick and easy, contains no caffeine, no tea, made with fresh fruit and no added sweeteners or sugars. It can easily be made ahead of time to enjoy over a few days or in preparation for a holiday party. Pomegranates are also classified as ancient “super” fruits, and are packed with antioxidants and many other health benefits.
If you’re hosting a holiday party this year, make a batch of this warm pomegranate juice recipe. It’s a great way to greet guests and make them feel warm and welcome. Or if you’re simply looking to cozy up by the fire with something warm and delicious to sip on, this recipe is perfect for you!
What’s your favorite memory that brings you a warm sense of peace during the holidays? I’d love to hear in the comments below!
Warm Cinnamon Spiced Pomegranate Juice Recipe
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1 small orange , peeled (I used 1 'Cutie')
- 1/2 medium apple , no seeds
- 1/2 + 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teasp ground cinnamon
- Completely blend the fresh pomegranate seeds, peeled orange, and apple with 1/2 cup water in a blender until completely pureed (I used my Vitamix for this).
- If you do not have a powerful blender, you may choose to strain the juice through a fine mesh to remove any pieces remaining, but since I used a Vitamix, this step was not necessary.
- Pour the pureed juice into a medium pot. Add another 1/2 cup water and cinnamon. Mix completely and heat the juice.
- Simmer on low-medium heat for 5-10 minutes until the juice becomes slightly thicker (depending on how thick you like your juice to be, this could take more or less time).
- Pour into mugs and enjoy warm! Store juice in the fridge and simply warm on stove when ready to serve.