Fresh wraps are great to make for lunch or take to the beach/picnic over the summer. For me, a great wrap contains some type of spread. My favorite spread is hummus, and this recipe for Chipotle Hummus was my version of a great spicy home-made hummus. A chipotle is a smoke-dried jalapeno chilli used primarily in Mexican-inspired cuisine and adobo sauce is a spice dark-red sauce or paste made from ground chiles, spices, herbs, and vinegar. So if you like a spicy savory kick, this wrap is perfect! I’ve made it several times when I’m in the mood for something spicy, refreshing, and filling. The spicy hummus mixed with fresh veggies makes for a great combination.
Fresh Wrap with Chipotle Pepper Hummus
For the Wrap:
- 4 spinach tortillas , or tortilla of choice (favorite gluten-free tortilla for GF option)
- 8 vegan cheese , see notes below for suggestions
- 8 romaine leaves
- 1 cucumber , cut lenthwise in thin strips
- 2 avocados , sliced
- 1 cup carrots , shredded or sliced thin strips
To Prepare Hummus:
- Combine all ingredients for hummus and blend everything together in a food processor or blender. (note: if the hummus is to thick, add a small amount of water).
To Assemble Wrap:
- Place tortilla open on plate. Evenly spread hummus on the entire tortilla, leaving a 1/2 " border around the edges. Top with cucumber, avocado slices, and carrots.
- Fold the right and left ends of the tortilla and roll up around filling.
- Wrap in parchment paper and slice in half diagonally.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas.