One night for dinner I felt like having a few different appetizers instead of an entire meal. I had some mushrooms, pecorino cheese, and breadcrumbs so decided to throw together some stuffed mushrooms.
They were very simple, quick to make, and tasted really good! I had already popped a few in my mouth right out of the oven before I even sat down. I enjoyed these mushrooms with some double tomatoe brushetta on toasted sourdough bread and a salad.
For the breadcrumbs: you can make them fresh, or get store-bought seasoned breadcrumbs. Most breadcrumb brands contain some byproduct of meat. The only vegetarian brand I’ve come across from Ralphs is Cento Bread Crumbs (Italian Style). To make Italian style breadcrumbs at home, simply combine Planko Breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt to taste.
These stuffed mushrooms are the perfect one-bite appetizer or side to serve for dinner!
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan cheese , Violife or Follow Your Heart brand
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tbsp parsley , chopped
- 2 tbsp mint , chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 28 large white mushrooms , washed
- salt/pepper , to taste
Combine all the ingredients and mix well in a bowl.
- Turn the oven on to 400 degrees for baking.
- De-stem the mushrooms and spoon out the cavities for stuffing. Set aside.
Stir the bread crumbs, vegan parmesan cheese, garlic, parsley, mint, and 2 tbsp olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Drizzle a heavy large baking sheet w/ 1 tbsp olive oil to coat.
- Spoon the filling into each of the mushroom cavities and arrange them on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the remaining oil over the filling in each mushroom.
- Bake the mushrooms until they are tender and the filling is heated and golden on top (~20min).