Quick and easy 5 ingredients Fresh Mango Fruit Salsa made in only 10 minutes! Raw ingredients, fresh flavors, sweet & salty, with a little heat. Serve this salsa with chips for a delicious appetizer or add to tacos and salads!
Mangoes and Kiwis…two fruits that have made a permanent spot in our home for the summer. And I’m not talking about 1-2 mangoes or kiwis here and there, but cases of Mangoes in our house at any given time, and large boxes of kiwi.
The kids and I love mangoes, and my husband is obsessed with kiwis. We typically go through them quickly as they ripen, especially since my kids are fruit fanatics, but this past week, my husband was out of town, and we had two cases of ripe sweet delicious mangoes and a few more ripe kiwis left.
The kids were taking a post-beach nap, and all the ripe fruit was staring at me in the kitchen. My eyes caught a red onion that needed to be used up and all the fresh green jalapenos that I had just picked from our yard. 10 minutes later, I made this quick and easy delicious Fresh Mango Fruit Salsa! I couldn’t stop eating it. All the raw ingredients, fresh flavors, sweet & salty, with a little heat.
What Fruit To Use To Make A Fruit Salsa
You can make a delicious fruit salsa with almost any fruit it just depends on how you’d like to serve it. Here are some ideas of fruit salsa combos to try;
- Watermelon, Grapefruit, Lime
- Orange, Grapefruit, Banana
- Banana, Strawberry, Coconut
- Kiwi, Strawberry, Lime
- Mango, Coconut, Pineapple
Ingredients For Making A Mango Fruit Salsa
To be honest, I’ve never been big on sweet mango salsas, or sweet salsas in general. But THIS simple combination with the addition of kiwis is so amazing!
Made with only 5 ingredients, this fruit salsa comes together so quickly, and the majority of the work (if you want to call it ‘work’) is dicing up the kiwi and mango. Otherwise simply mix and season with a little fresh lemon or lime juice and salt.
It’s the perfect fresh summer fruit salsa to take to a picnic, potluck, or at home for tacos, chips & salsa, nachos, or wraps. Not to mention it’s gorgeous and FULL of vibrant colors. Get some kiwis and mangoes and try your hand at this 10 minute quick Fresh Mango Kiwi Salsa!
If you like this recipe or post, be sure to leave a comment and use the rating field! You can also tag me on Instagram with any re-makes, @vegetariangastronomy so I don’t miss it, as I love sharing them on Re-Make Fridays! Or you can help me spread the word about my recipes on Pinterest and Facebook!
More Delicious Salsa Recipes You Might Like;
Fresh Mango Kiwi Salsa
- 1 cup mangoes , finely diced
- 1 cup kiwi , finely diced
- 1/3 cup red onions , finely diced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro , finely chopped
- 1 small fresh green jalapeno , finely diced (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 pinches salt , I used 1/16 teasp
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Add more jalapenos for added spice. Adjust the amount of salt/lemon juice if needed.
- If possible, store in the fridge for a few hours or overnight before serving to allow all the flavors to marinate together. If you can't wait, then enjoy right away, this salsa will taste great both ways! Store in an air-tight container in the fridge, should last a few days.