If you’re looking for new ways to liven up your quesadillas, these Grilled Eggplant & Spinach Vegan Quesadillas are perfect! They’re easy, delicious, and can be made in 10 minutes with simple prep the day before!
Meet one of my favorite quick meals, Grilled Eggplant & Spinach Vegan Quesadillas! They’re easy, delicious, and can be made in 10 min with simple prep the day before.
Stepping away from the quesadillas for a moment, have you tried my Crispy Baked Eggplant Rounds yet? You can use them in sandwiches, serve them as a side, let your kids dip them in some vegan ranch and/or pack them in their school lunch.
You can also layer them in lasagna, make some Italian eggplant stacks, or simply eat them straight out of the oven while they’re still hot (which is what I typically do). They are delicious and addicting! Light and airy, crispy, healthy, and so versatile. When you’re addicted to a recipe and make it all the time, you start to get creative on different ways to use it. Well…that’s exactly what happened, and out came these Crispy Grilled Eggplant & Spinach Vegan Quesadillas!
The kids love it, my husband loves it, and I love it because they’re delicious and so easy to make for those weeknights when you just don’t have the time or are exhausted (which believe it or not happens quite often).
The crispy eggplant rounds can easily be made the day before and stored in the fridge so that it only takes you 5 minutes to assemble when you’re ready for dinner. If you’re looking for additional ways to liven up your quesadillas, here are a few of my favorite combos already on the blog;
- Roasted Poblano & Mushroom Quesadillas
- Squash Blossom, Roasted Poblano, & Cherry Tomato Quesadilla
- Avocado Hummus Quesadilla w/Sweet Jalapeno-Lemon Cream Sauce
Helpful Tips For Making These Grilled Eggplant Quesadillas
- I’ve used both flour tortillas and whole wheat tortillas for this recipe. For the Gluten-free Option, use you favorite gluten-free tortilla (Follow your heart brand is one of my favorites).
- Make-Ahead tip: Make the Baked Crispy Eggplant Rounds ahead or time or the day before to make this a quick and easy 10 minute meal. If the Crispy Eggplant Rounds and marinara/pizza sauce came from the fridge, allow them to come to room temperature prior to assembling the quesadilla.
- Vegan Cheese: Use daiya shred cutting board collection shreds or follow your heart vegan mozzarella or pepper jack slices cut into shreds.
Before I leave you with the recipe, have you heard me talk about my favorite non-stick pan?? The T-fal Total Non-Stick Pan (pictured in the image above)! I just bought TWO new ones off of Amazon this past week to replace my current ones and they are AMAZING. They’re relatively cheap, light-weight, come in different sizes, and work really well. I’ve been using them for over 4 years now and they put my so-called “expensive high-end” non-stick pans to shame. These pans are definitely in my top 3 when it comes to favorite cookware so be sure to check them out!
If you like this recipe or post, be sure to leave a comment and use the rating field! You can also tag me on Instagram with any re-makes, @vegetariangastronomy so I don’t miss it, as I love sharing them on Re-Make Fridays! Or you can help me spread the word about my recipes on Pinterest and Facebook!
More Eggplant Recipes You Might Like;
- Indian Spice Stuffed Eggplant & Potatoes
- Crispy Baked Eggplant
- Roasted Smoked Eggplant Curry
- Eggplant Parmesan Sticks
Grilled Crispy Eggplant & Spinach Vegan Quesadillas
- 2 Baked Crispy Eggplant Rounds , note that 1 large eggplant will make ~ 10 rounds
- 2 flour tortillas , see notes below
- fresh baby spinach leaves
- fresh basil leaves , finely chopped
- marinara or pizza sauce , home-made or your favorite kind
- balsamic vinegar
- vegan mozzarella cheese shreds , (see notes below)
- red crushed peppers , (optional)
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat. Lightly grill both sides of the two tortillas. I like to use a little vegan butter for grilling, but you can also use a little oil or simply grill without using anything.
- Working with one of the grilled tortillas on the heated pan, spread a thin layer of marinara/pizza sauce, followed by a layer of baby spinach leaves.
- Sprinkle on some finely chopped fresh basil, layer all the sliced Crispy Eggplant Rounds, drizzle a small amount of balsamic vinegar,top with red crushed pepper for added spice (if using), and sprinkle on some vegan mozzarella shreds.
- Spread a thin layer of marinara/pizza sauce on the other lightly grilled tortilla and place it on top (sauce side down), closing the quesadilla.
- Turn the heat up to medium.
- Grill the quesadilla on the pan until golden brown. Carefully flip the entire quesadilla to grill the other side, slightly pressing down with the spatula so that the cheese melts and the quesadilla is heated all the way through.
- Remove from the pan, cut the quesadilla into four pieces and enjoy hot! Feel free to serve it with a side of additional heated marinara (if needed), hot sauce, or some balsamic vinegar.