This thick and creamy Strawberry Milkshake Recipe is full of protein and makes for the perfect breakfast, snack, or dessert on Valentine’s Day! It’s vegan, gluten-free, refined-sugar free, and made with just 5 simple ingredients!
This post has been updated and was originally published 9/10/2015.
Who wants to be able to enjoy a MILKSHAKE anytime of the day? Yep…even for breakfast.
Meet my new favorite easy Strawberry Milkshake Recipe! This recipe is very thick and creamy similar to traditional milkshakes, except that THIS one all vegan and much healthier! It’s perfect for breakfast, snack-time, or dessert, and makes for the perfect healthy and easy vegan Valentine’s Day treat!
What Makes This Strawberry Milkshake Recipe Healthy?
Traditional milkshakes are made with ice cream.
Instead, this strawberry milkshake recipe gets its sweetness from the use of freshly frozen strawberries and bananas. Using frozen fruit also gives this vegan milkshake that thick and creamy ice-cream like texture.
Hemp seeds provide a great source of nutrients and contain the following:
- Complete source of protein and contain all the essential amino acids
- Essential fatty acids
- Minerals & Vitamins
I love getting my nutrients from a variety of different sources and therefore try to incorporate hemp seeds in my meals every week. I love sprinkling it on things like salads, breakfast toasts, protein bowls, pasta, and blending it into smoothies.
A few years back I enjoyed different blender nice-creams with added hemp seeds, so knew that they’d also taste great and add a certain creaminess when blended up into simple drinks, such as this easy strawberry milkshake recipe!
How To Make This Vegan Milkshake Recipe – Step by Step
You can easily make this healthy strawberry milkshake recipe with your kids with just 5 simple ingredients:
- frozen strawberries
- frozen bananas
- hemp seeds
- non-dairy milk
- vanilla extract
Blending frozen fruit along with hemp seeds gives this recipe that ultra thick, rich, and creamy texture. But you can just as easily add fresh fruit and a few ice cubes if you’re running short on time.
To make this fun pink vegan drink, simply blend all 5 ingredients and enjoy…that’s it!
If your kids are anything like mine, they’re hungry as soon as they come home from school. Instead of their typical green smoothie or almond milk, surprise them with this Strawberry Milkshake Recipe! They’ll not only love you for it, but they’ll be full and fueled for the rest of the afternoon! This is the part where I secretly have a grin on my face, knowing how many hemp seeds are in one glass.
Even my husband, who’s always loved traditional milkshakes, loves this recipe.
This milkshake is vegan, free of refined sugar, and even contains protein! So drink away to your heart’s desire!
It’s pretty pink color also makes for the perfect healthy vegan Valentine’s Day treat!
Looking For More Ways To Use Hemp Seeds?
- Sweet Potato Avocado Toast w/Hemp Seeds & Pistachios
- Easy Low-Carb Superfood Breakfast Bowl
- Dark Chocolate Bark w/Seeds, Nuts, & Berries
- Rich & Creamy Chocolate Milk Recipe
If you like this recipe or post, be sure to leave a comment and use the rating field! You can also tag me on Instagram with any re-makes, @vegetariangastronomy so I don’t miss it, as I love sharing them on Re-Make Fridays! Or you can help me spread the word about my recipes on Pinterest and Facebook!
Strawberry Hemp Milkshake
- Allow the frozen strawberries and frozen banana to thaw at room temperature for about 5 minutes.
- Place all the ingredients in a powerful blender (I used my Vitamix). Use between 3/4 cup to 1 cup of the non-dairy milk depending on how thick you want your milkshake to be (I used 1 cup).
- Completely blend all the ingredients. Use a temper to push down the contents of the blender to help the blending process. The resulting milkshake should be thick and creamy.
- Pour the strawberry hemp milkshake into 3 or 4 glasses, garnish each glass with a strawberry, and enjoy!