This sandwich really is The Ultimate Green Panini. Not because I’ve tried to stuff everything and anything into it, it’s actually quite the opposite. This panini contains pesto, avocado, and spinach. That’s IT! So what’s so ultimate about that? It’s Simple and Easy, takes 10 minutes to make, tastes SO delicious and contains lots of “Greens.” It’s basically everything I look for in a panini when I need something quick, tasty, healthy and satisfying for lunch or dinner. If you still don’t believe me, then just try out the recipe and find out.
My new Sun-Dried Tomato, Miso, Basil Pesto is my go-to for this recipe, mainly because it’s very bold in flavor and the miso adds that element of “cheesy-ness” to the panini. I typically have some type of pesto pre-made and stored in my freezer for use in quick meals such as this one, but you can just as easily use any other pesto of choice, even store-bought, and this sandwich will still taste great. It’s pesto, combined with creamy, thick avocado slices and greens, sandwiched between two slices of your favorite bread, and grilled until heated through and golden brown on both sides. One bite into this Ultimate Green Panini and you’ll be in paradise.
Don’t forget, if you try out one of my recipes, I’d love to hear from you! Any feedback is appreciated. Either leave a comment in my posts, or tag me on Facebook or Instagram! My inspiration comes from all of you who subscribe to my site, follow me, or try out my recipes. So I’d love any feedback on whether you guys are enjoying the type of recipes I’ve been posting. If you want more of a certain type of recipe, or are looking for anything else in particular, let me know!
Also, have you seen my new ‘Pick of the Week’ on the sidebar? It’s a new feature I added where I’ll be sharing one of my favorite products (which I actually own myself) every week with all of you! These products come from my SHOP Page which is a great resource to browse through if you haven’t checked it out already.
Now back to that Ultimate Green Panini recipe…
It's only 3-ingredients, but it's full of flavor! This green panini is your answer to cooking made easy!
- 2 slices sourdough bread , or bread of choice, see notes below
- 4 tbsp prepared pesto , see notes below
- 6-8 fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 avocado , cut into thick slices
- freshly ground black pepper
- oil or vegan butter , such as Earth Balance
- sea salt (optional)
- balsamic vinegar or hot sauce (optional)
- On one slice of bread, spread a generous layer of prepared pesto . Place a generous layer of baby spinach leaves on top, followed by a layer of thick avocado slices.
Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper and/or sea salt on top of the avocado layer.
- Spread a generous layer of prepared pesto on the second slice of bread and sandwich on top.
- Place the sandwich on a cutting board, cut in half, and enjoy as is or with a side of some balsamic vinegar or your favorite hot sauce for dipping.
I like using sour-dough bread slices for this sandwich, but you can use any bread you prefer. For gluten-free option, use your favorite gluten-free bread.
Prepared Pesto - I typically have a batch of frozen home-made pesto in the freezer, making this sandwich quick to make. I use my Simple Pesto or Sun-Dried Tomato, Miso, Basil Pesto for for some added flavor (the Miso adds an element of "cheesy-ness" without the dairy of course), but you can just as easily sub any other type of pesto or store-bought pesto.