Skip the crowded Brunch lines and make these fun and easy Pumpkin Spice Vegan Waffles with pecans at home! And don’t forget to make extra, because this Fall-inspired breakfast doubles up for the perfect FREEZER WAFFLES!
As soon as October hits, we all start to crave the flavor and smell of pumpkin. Even though canned pumpkin (which is what most use) is available year round. It’s the excitement of pumpkin season, visiting pumpkin patches, carving pumpkins during Halloween, and all the delicious pumpkin recipes!
Us San Diegans need that pumpkin smell and flavor to make us feel like it’s actually Fall since it’s still a whopping 80 degrees here this entire week! Can you believe it?
The pumpkin craze in our house officially began with a batch of these delicious Pumpkin Spice Vegan Waffles topped with pecans! It’s been our weekend breakfast go-to this month.
Pumpkin Spice Vegan Waffles with Pecans – Step by Step
This pumpkin vegan waffle recipe is adapted from my Apple Cinnamon Waffle recipe. The subtle flavor of pumpkin made into a crispy waffle and topped with chopped pecans to give it that extra warm Fall flavor and crunch. These pumpkin waffles make for the perfect fun and easy family breakfast!
These pumpkin vegan waffles come together in just 5 simple steps! I kept this recipe simple by splitting it up into wet and dry ingredients.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together
- Mix all the wet ingredients together
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients
- Pour the batter into a heated waffle iron and cook until extra crispy
- Top with vegan butter, chopped pecans, and a generous drizzle of maple syrup
I highly recommend getting a double Belgian waffle maker so you can make two at once and aren’t waiting around! Trust me, you’ll thank me later when you start smelling that Fall pumpkin spice flavor in your kitchen.
I haven’t even gotten to the best part yet! This recipe makes the BEST FREEZER WAFFLES! Make extra, allow them to cool completely on a cooling rack, and freeze them in a sealed container for a quick healthy breakfast. Just pop the frozen waffles into a toaster oven until heated through and crispy again!
So skip the crowded brunch restaurants and create your own fun and easy Fall breakfast at home this year with these Pumpkin Spice Vegan Waffles!
Need More Vegan Pumpkin Recipes?
Are you also stuck in 80-degree weather? Do you need some more vegan pumpkin recipes to get you in the Fall mood? Check out these easy vegan pumpkin recipes to get you in the Fall mood:
- No-Bake Vegan Pumpkin Cookies w/Pecans & Coconut
- 15-Minute Pumpkin Butter
- Pumpkin Spice Dark Chocolate Truffles
- Pumpkin Pecan Breakfast Cookies
- Sweet & Savory Grilled Cheese with Apples & Pumpkin
- Apple Nachos Drizzled with Pumpkin Butter
If you like this recipe or post, be sure to leave a comment and use the rating field! You can also tag me on Instagram with any re-makes, @vegetariangastronomy so I don’t miss it, as I love sharing them on Re-Make Fridays! Or you can help me spread the word about my recipes on Pinterest and Facebook!
Pumpkin Spice Vegan Waffles with Pecans
- 1/3 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teasp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1.5 cup unsweetened almond milk , or non-dairy milk of choice
- 1-2 tbsp pure maple syrup , depending on preferred level of sweetness, or save the extra 1 tbsp to pour on top of the finished waffles
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In another larger mixing bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients.
- In small batches, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix until fully combined, being careful not to over-mix.
- Let the batter sit for 5 minutes as you heat your waffle iron to the desired setting (if you like your waffles crispy, set it to the darker setting).
- Once the waffle iron is preheated, spray it with a little non-stick coconut oil spray on both sides.
- Pour in the correct amount of batter, as indicated by your waffle maker, to the center and close/flip, allowing the batter to spread.
- Cook until nice and crispy! I waited a little longer after the waffle maker indicated done.
- Top with some chopped pecans, vegan butter, and maple syrup.
- If you are not planning on eating the waffles right away, be sure to cool them completely on a cooling rack so that the moisture does not get to them and they stay crispy.